Thorfinn, a 170ft/58m liveaboard, can accommodate up to 22 divers in 11 air-conditioned cabins and 1 luxury suite. There are 8 ensuite cabins on 2 decks, 3 cabins with shared facilities, all with in-cabin washbasins, TV and DVD players. The newly appointed Thor’s Lair provides a little more luxury with a king size bed, bar fridge, personal desk, four large windows and flat screen TV. On the main deck is the large dining room, which serves a hearty breakfast and a la carte meals. The lounge deck is the perfect place to relax with a TV and DVD player, CD player with surround sound system, a library full of books, magazines and DVDs, a well-stocked bar and large picture windows. A large hot-tub is the perfect place to relax under the night sky. Thorfinn is the perfect choice for re-breather and technical divers with onboard oxygen generators, a range of sofnalime and sodasorb grades available, Helium and a number of twin cylinders on-board for hire. With up to 5 dives a day planned, this is a great option for serious divers!
Diving is from two 30ft launches and two 24ft fibreglass boats complete with under seat gear bins and camera shelves. Kitting up is from one of the two dive stations on the main deck, allowing plenty of room for dive gear and cameras. An optional valet system is offered for your kit and cameras. Up to five dives a day are planned with an optional night dive each day. Experienced Divemasters accompany each dive, which are preceded by a full briefing.
Rebreather and technical diving is well catered for; Nitrox is available and a range of courses can be booked onboard.
This is a must watch. Meet Captain Lance Higgs of the SS Thorfinn and hear his moving tale of the wrecks and their fate:
- 1 suite, 8 air-con ensuite cabins, 3 air-con cabins with shared facilities
- Lounge with TV/DVD
- Fully equipped diving deck
- Nitrox available
- Technical diving available
- Partially covered sun deck
- All meals, coffee, tea and soft drinks are included(canned drinks extra)
- Water treatment plant
- Navigation equipment: GPS: 2 x Magellan Nav DLX-10, Garmin handheld units, Radars: 2 x Furuno Model 1954C 15kw radars feeding Navnet VX2 GD -1920C colour video plotters, with sonar input feeds. Main Compass: Furuno Satellite Compass SC 30 via an AMI-GMV KW 941-D stepper retransmitter unit Auto Pilot:Wagner Mk IV, Sonar: Furuno Network sounder Model ETR-6/10N
- Safety equipment: EPIRB, Emergency Oxygen – including full face breathing masks, a hyperbaric certified chamber operator as their Dive Manager.
- Maximum passengers: 24
- Divemaster and Technical services
- Equipment rental available
- 7 night/8 day itineraries
Prices from £3295 per person for a 10 night package based on twin share including:
- Return flights from London Heathrow to Truk via Manila
- All airline departure taxes
- 2 nights; The Remington Hotel, Manila
- 1 night; Blue Lagoon Resort with breakfast
- 7 nights onboard Thorfinn with up to 5 daily dives with Nitrox, all meals, snacks, tea, coffee, soft drinks, juices and free WIFI
- All transfers
Schedule & Available Spaces
Contact Holly at 01473 852002 for help with your travel planning and advice on Truk, or send us an enquiry.