Sudan Liveaboards are spacious and designed with the diver in mind for a great Sudanese diving experience.
Right on the border of Red Sea diving, here you have the chance to dive some of the world’s most famous dive sites. A liveaboard is the only way to experience those dive sites that remain pretty much uncrowded and well preserved. Be prepared for an awesome variety of marine life and dense, soft corals.
The conditions at dive sites can vary a lot with deep and drift dives making this a destination best suited to experienced divers. Divers must be qualified to a minimum of Advanced PADI Open Water, or equivalent, with at least 50 logged dives. To fully enjoy all dives in the Sudan you will also need to have the Deep Diver specialty, or similar.
You’ll want to know…
- Best time to go: February to May
- These warm, clear waters are home to around 400 varieties of coral and over 1500 species of fish, turtle and shark and mantas.
- One of the best places for shark enthusiasts so many species to hopefully encounter included scalloped hammerheads.
Sharks, barracuda, spotted stingrays, moray eels and huge parrot fish are regulars.
- Jacques Cousteau placed Sudan on the map in the early 60s with his experiments in living underwater. The wreck of Conshelf II can still be seen.
- The World War II wreck, the Umbria, is close to Port Sudan and one of the best preserved wrecks in the Red Sea.
- Talk to us. First-hand expertise – we’ve been there.
The world is at your fingertips with our ‘real-time’ search for boats; from Indonesia to Oman to Socorro and many destinations in between.
Is what you’re looking for not here right now? That’s because not all our boats are shown on this Live Search. So, if you’re interested in a certain boat and/or destination then don’t be disappointed, do contact us and we will start the ball rolling to organise just what you’re looking for.
Our Safe Payment Guarantee
Diverse Travel is a Member of the Travel Trust Association (TTA), part of The Travel Network Group, the UK’s largest consortia of independent travel businesses. This means that when you book your holiday with us, we give you a guarantee that 100% of your money is protected against our or our suppliers’ failure, under our ATOL.
The Dive Diaries
Insights, recommendations and dive experiences from our team