South AfricaBig fish and sharks and the Big Five on land
Tailor-made holidays to South Africa
South Africa is truly a year-round destination. It can be hot and dry, cool and wet but each season delivers something unique and incredible, above and below the water. It’s a big country that offers great value, modern communications throughout, an excellent road and air network, welcoming hotels, lodges and resorts, coastal and inland attractions, varied and passionate cultures, superb cuisine and drink and a very hospitable population.
It’s no surprise then that South Africa has so much for intrepid travellers to explore; over 21 National Parks, eight World Heritage Sites, Big Five game reserves and kilometres of pristine coastline offering adventures from shark diving to surfing.
In one day alone you could come face-to-face with some of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world, experience a unique wildlife encounter, indulge in fine foods or simply kick back and enjoy the tranquillity.
When it comes to diving, South Africa ranks up there with the world’s best:
- Head to Aliwal Shoal for tiger sharks between December and May, ragged-tooth sharks, dusky sharks and whales from June to November, whale sharks in January and February and oceanic blacktip sharks all year round.
- If you’re after great whites, Gansbaai is best for cage diving from April to November, while Cape Town also offers up great white cage diving between May and September, with the added option of snorkelling or diving with seals in the same season. Cape Town is also an amazingly beautiful and energetic city to explore beyond diving and is the jump-off point for those hoping to savour the culinary delights and delicious wines of the Cape winelands.
- The famous Sardine Run, the “Greatest Shoal on Earth” runs from June to July.
- Big Five Game Viewing in the Kruger National Park and the Hluhluwe iMfolozi Game Reserve is also guaranteed all year long, but absolutely at its prime between May and September.
Given the huge geographical scale and variety on offer, it’s comforting to know there is a guiding hand to help you know where to go and what to do. Diverse Travel has done all the work for you. Not only have we travelled extensively and dived South Africa over many years, we have our very own South African Representative Office in Johannesburg, guaranteeing that we’re able to provide you with the very best advice and tailor-made itineraries to suit all wishes and budgets. We also have on-the-ground support throughout your holiday. Look no further. When it comes to holidays in South Africa you’re in the best hands with Diverse Travel.
We can offer combinations of a South African holiday with a dive, beach or game-viewing break in several other countries in Southern and Eastern Africa including:
- Zambia (for Victoria Falls)