Papua Explorers Dive ResortRaja Ampat, Indonesia
Opened in 2012, the owners have actually worked in diving for over 20 years. The resort’s water-bungalows combine traditional Papuan construction and natural materials with modern comforts, designed to be in perfect harmony with the exotic surroundings where you can feel the breeze from the rainforests, enjoy the songs of the tropical birds and unwind.
All bungalows are equipped with private shower, toilet, hot water, ceiling fan, mosquito net, desk, comfortable seating area, spacious veranda with direct access to the sea, 220v electricity, tea & coffee facilities, drinking water and environmentally-friendly soap.
The over-the-water restaurant and lounge is designed to offer a relaxing environment to enjoy various international and local dishes.
- 10 ensuite rooms (Water Bungalows)
- Over-the-water restaurant & lounge
- Fully equipped dive centre
- Three boat dives plus unlimited shore diving each day
- Computer for guests’ use with complimentary wireless internet
- Bird-watching & village trip options
Three boat dives plus unlimited shore dives are offered each day. Boats return to the resort after each dive. Those world-renowned dive sites are included in the dive plan including Manta Point, Mike’s Point, Cape Kri, Sardine Reef, Mioskon, Blue Magic, Otdima, Chicken Reef, The Passage and Hidden Bay.
Please note: Reef hooks are distributed to all divers. All divers are required to bring DSMBs and whistles. It is mandatory for all divers to have DAN insurance. The closest Hyperbaric chamber is in Waisai (45 mins). All dives are planned without deco stops and it is mandatory for all divers to use a dive computer.
Prices from £2249 per person for a 9 night package based on twin share including:
- Return flights from London Heathrow to Sorong, via Singapore and Manado
- All airline departure taxes
- 2 nights: Novotel Airport Hotel, Manado
- 7 nights: Papua Explorers Resort with all meals and 6 days’ diving with three boat dives plus unlimited shore diving per day (incl. air cylinders/weights)
- All transfers (incl. return boat transfers between Sorong Airport and Papua Explorers Resort)