Kri Eco Resort (Papua Diving)Raja Ampat, Indonesia
We first visited Kri Eco Resort back in 2006. We’ve been back several times since. Whilst the rooms are definitely not the best-appointed we’ve ever stayed in, insofar as many of the rooms don’t even have en-suite facilities, some don’t even have running or hot water and none of them have air-conditioning, the amazing thing is that we still felt extremely privileged to be there. Why? Simply because Kri Island immerses you in its incredible, pristine surroundings. Nature-lovers will find all the luxury they could wish for here. Your morning wake-up call could come in the form of a school of fish splashing the water below your Papuan stilted room, there are manicured gardens but they’re underwater and built from coral, whilst the best feeling a guest gets comes from looking out at peaceful waters and distant islands and knowing that there are very few people on the planet who get to experience such a relaxing solitude. Here the only crowd you’ll meet breath from their gills!
Kri Eco Resort caters for all tastes and provide a healthy fusion of western and indonesian dishes. The kitchen will serve familiar dishes but will also offer you the chance to discover new local and tropical fruits and vegetables.
- 13 rooms (4 x Papuan; 7 x Superior; 2 x Deluxe)
- Free Wifi, Laundry and Nitrox (Nitrox-certified divers only)
- Fully equipped dive centre
- Three boat dives daily, plus optional night/dusk dive, six days per week*
- Bird-watching trip options
The best dive sites in Northern Raja Ampat are just a short speedboat ride from the resort. The boats return to the resort after every dive. The unlimited diving package offers 3 guided boats dives per day plus an optional night/dusk dive. This is usually planned as 2 dives in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and if requested an additional night dive. The service operates 6 days a week Saturday evening to Friday evening every week*. Unguided diving direct from Kri Eco or Sorido Bay resort’s jetty is also possible seven days a week.
* Boat Diving is not available between 6pm Friday and 6pm on Saturday. Night diving is possible at 7pm on Saturday. Guests may still dive as much as they like from the jetty on Saturdays.
Prices from £1,999 per person for 9 night package based on twin share including:
- Return flights from London Heathrow to Sorong, via Singapore and Manado
- All airline departure taxes
- 2 nights: Novotel Aiport Hotel, Manado
- 7 nights: Kri Eco Resort (last night in hotel in Sorong) with all meals and unlimited unguided jetty dives any day of the week, 4 guided boat dives per day (except: Friday evening and Saturday daytime) incl. air/Nitrox cylinders & weights), free Wi-Fi Internet access, all transfers (incl. return boat transfers between Sorong Airport and resort)