Dive Mythical Sudan: Special Offer in March 2017
Special Offer on MV Oceanos, 5 – 13 March 2017
Price: from £1,399 per person, based on sharing standard twin cabin
Now you have the chance to walk in Cousteau’s footsteps and visit his “Conshelf II” underwater habitat as well as dive Shaab Rumi, famous for its sharks and colourful drop-offs. Equally exciting are Sanganeb’s northern and southern scenes with teeming reef and pelagic fish.
Another highlight of this trip is the Umbria, regarded as one of the finest wrecks in the world. Guests will also head south of Port Sudan, a less crowded area where different species of sharks can be found.
The MV Oceanos is spacious and was built with the diver in mind. At 39m she offers comfort and safety in contemporary surroundings for no more than 28 guests. Designed as much as a hotel as a boat, here you get the best of both worlds.
The full details:
The outbound flight departs London Heathrow at 20:15 on Sunday 05 March, flying overnight on Emirates direct to Dubai. Flight lands in Dubai at 07:00 on Monday 06 March. The onward connection is direct from Dubai to Port Sudan, on Fly Dubai Airways, leaving Dubai at 11:50 and landing in Port Sudan at 14:05 on the same day.
This trip is for seven nights, departing from and returning to Port Sudan, on-board liveaboard MV Oceanos on the route, ‘Mythical Sudan’.
On Monday 13 March you’ll disembark your liveaboard and be transferred directly to Port Sudan Airport, to catch your Fly Dubai flight back to Dubai, departing Port Sudan at 15:00 and arriving in Dubai at 22:15 on the same day*. Your onward flight on Emirates will depart Dubai at 02:50 on Tuesday 14 March and is direct to London, landing at Heathrow at 06:55 on the same day.
* One hour technical stop in Khartoum
Price: from £1,399 per person based on sharing standard twin cabin
- All international return flights, with 30kg/person hold baggage allowance
- 7 nights’ full board accommodation in shared cabin
- Water, tea & coffee
- All dives, including 12L air cylinders, weights & weight belt: first day of safari: 2 dives; afterwards: 3 dives/day; last day: 2 dives
- Robes and towels provided during the safari
- Return transfers in between Port Sudan Airport and liveaboard
- Full ATOL Protection
Tourist Visa US$115*; Registration, Tourism & Agent Fees €177*; Guided dive €8/dive; Tips (recommended €70); sodas, espresso, cappuccino, alcoholic beverages; Unlimited Nitrox: 50 EUR/week; Booking of a specific cabin: 50 EUR p.p./week; Additional dives: 20 EUR/dive; 15L tank: 40 EUR/week; Equipment rental (prices upon request); personal expenses and all other expenses not previously mentioned.
* The visa and taxes have to be paid upon arrival and in cash. Please note that you will be required to take the exact amount in the relevant currency as stated above. We highly recommend that you take all appropriate measures in order to have the correct amount in USD and in EUR with you.
Please note that diving is permitted upon presentation of a valid certification card PLUS proof of adequate insurance covering risks related to diving activities. Minimum requested diving level: CMAS 2** or PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent) with minimum 50 logged dives. Number of dives may vary according to itinerary and weather conditions.
» Click here for more information about Sudan and MV Oceanos